Last Updated on
Do you ever read an article where you find yourself thinking, “I couldn’t have said it better”?
This Search Engine Land article written by Trond Lyngbø (Head of SEO at MediaCom Norway) caught my attention as I found myself agreeing, Yes, Yes, Yes. Lyngbø makes several bold statements about how many businesses fail to keep up with Google’s rapid rate of change and the risks of doing this:
- You’re losing revenue if you ignore how Google adapts and evolves.
- Your business’ success is intimately linked to Google.
- Many companies do not think about SEO in the early planning stages of website development. They mistakenly believe SEO is itself a “one-off item”.
- SEO has never remained static. It never will.
- Google’s efforts to evolve and adapt are driven by the desire to server users better. When you align your business with Google’s quest … you will win.
Trond Lyngbø’s key takeaways actually apply to running a successful business in general, and not just SEO.
- Don’t hurry – make strategic long term plans.
- Adapt and evolve, just like Google.
- Integrate organic search into larger marketing strategies.
- Spend time on what drives revenue.
- Care about your users, just like Google.
Read the entire article here: https://searchengineland.com/will-business-adapt-evolve-google-203373