Do you need online review management? A negative reviews is every business owner’s worst fear ….
A customer who has a less than ideal experience may tell ten friends and post the story on multiple online reviews sites. This can give you a bad reputation and scare off potential customers for months to come.
However, with online review management, there is definite hope that your company can recover and even turn a negative experience into a positive one.
What Is Your Online Review Management Strategy?
So what can you do in terms of your online reputation? First let’s explore the consumer review study’s findings.
1. A bad experience is more likely to get feedback.
32% of consumers give feedback directly to companies following a very bad experience, compared to 23% who do so following a very good experience.
2. Word-of-mouth is still the most popular way to share a bad experience.
60% of 25-34 year olds tell a friend directly following a bad experience, while 31% share it on Facebook and 20% write a review. The good news – the stats are very similar when they have a good experience!
3. A poor response to a bad experience will cause customers to spend less.
62% of consumers who rated companies’ response to their bad experience as “very poor” decreased their spending with the companies.
4. A bad experience followed by a good response can save you … and make you money.
Only 21% of consumers who had a bad experience followed by a “very good” response from the company decreased their spending, 29% increased their spending!
Key Online Review Management Takeaways
The key takeaways from these statistics in terms of online review management services and strategies:
- Be prepared for bad feedback from customers. It’s inevitable that you can’t please everyone 100% of the time.
- Customers will share their feedback in many ways. Be prepared to respond to feedback that comes directly to you as well as online reviews that get posted on Facebook or online review websites.
- Have a clear policy for responding to feedback. You may not always be the employee hearing about a bad experience; make sure that your entire workforce knows how to turn a bad experience into a positive thing.
- Use a bad experience a chance to increase your sales. Nearly 1/3 customers who had a very good response to their negative feedback ended up spending more money with the company! Negative feedback is your chance to prove yourself and turn the customer into a super shopper.
If you concerned about reputation management and considering implementing an online review management system at your business, talk to us. Learn more about our new reputation management services, which can help you monitor online reviews. We’ll help you respond to reviews so you can actually make money from bad reviews and constantly grow your positive reviews to help outweigh the inevitable few bad reviews you may get.