For decades we have understood the power word-of-mouth can have on a business. Whether it be positive or negative feedback a business has a lot on the line when it comes to their reputation.
Today businesses must be aware of how the Internet and review websites multiply the effects public customer feedback can have. In this infographic we look at:
- Why you should care about online reviews
- How much people trust online reviews
- The most popular business review websites
- Professional tips for managing and responding to online reviews.
This infographic should motivate you to find out what the world is saying about your business online and help you develop a strategy to monitor online reviews over time. Need help? Call 888-262-6687 and ask us about our Online Review Management services!
- Consumers use reviews to determine which businesses to contact and use.
- Reviews and star ratings stand out in local search results allowing a business to either shine or flop.
- You can use reviews to build on what you are doing well and correct issues needing your attention.
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it.” (Warren Buffet)
People read and trust online reviews:
- 92% of people have more confidence in online info than they do in a salesclerk (Wall Street Journal).
- 70% of people consult reviews or ratings before purchasing (BusinessWeek).
- 67% of people will read up to 6 online reviews before making a decision (SearchEngineLand).
The most popular online review websites include Google Plus, Manta, Yelp, YellowPages, Yahoo, SuperPages, FindTheBest and YellowBot.
Professional tips for managing online reviews include:
- Provide a quick and easy way for all of your customers to review your company.
- Respond to negative reviews in a timely manner and contact the customer if required.
- Be sure to ask all of your best customers to write a shining review for you.
- Track overall sentiment of reviews for your business.
- Learn from mistakes and use bad reviews to improve policies and procedures.
- Share positive reviews on your website and with new customers.
<!–This is where the code begins–>
<div style=”width: 420px”>
<a href=”http://images.1stonthelist.ca.s3.amazonaws.com/Site/Online-Reviews-Infographic-2.jpg” />
alt=”Free Online Reviews Infographic by 1st on the List” /></a><br/> Infographic compliments of 1st on the List, a Vancouver based <a href=”/”>Search Engine Optimization Company</a>. To view the original post, see the original<a href=”/infographics/online-reviews”>online reviews infographic</a>.</div>
<!–This is where the code ends–>