Last Updated on
A pay per click (PPC) advertising campaign must have the following:
Budget, Keywords, Ads, Sales Copy and Products.
The most common misconception is that having all of these will create a successful PPC advertising campaign or that the work, money and time needed to have these things can be done by the site owner alone, without the need of a professional PPC Advertising Account Manager.
What Makes A PPC Advertising Campaign Successful
Once a pay per click marketing campaign is started, data is collected through analytic software and PPC reports provided by the PPC ad management agency. It is the analysis and executions made based on this information that can make a PPC advertising campaign successful.
Analyzing PPC Advertising Data & Executing Actions
A successfully managed pay per click advertising campaign uses report and analytic data to identify the following:
- Poorly performing keywords
- Keyword and industry related bidding wars
- Poor performance of ads
- Ad positioning and conversion or sales related to ad positioning
- Keywords that convert into sales and keywords that do not convert into sales (tracking ROI)
- Landing page performance, conversion and ROI
- Identify where in the sales process that sales and leads are being lost
- Site/server specific problems that are taking away from the site’s usability; costing the company sales
- Ad copy that converts into sales and poorly performing ads
It is this information that allows the PPC Advertising Account Manager to make informed decisions and execute educated actions that will effectively make the PPC campaign a success.
Changes That Make the Campaign a Success
Based on this information the PPC Advertising Account Manager can do the following:
a) Create and test new keyword phrases based on the high performing keywords and related phrases
b) Create, edit and adjust ad copy to increase click through rates
c) Edit and adjust landing pages to increase sales and conversions
d) Remove poorly performing keyword phrases, saving the client money and increasing their ROI
e) Make recommendations to site changes that will increase the users experience
f) Tap into new industry trends and make recommendations to the client allowing them to get ahead of their competitors
g) Modify ad positioning to get the best click through rate (CTR) that provides an increase of sales
These types of changes can reduce the cost of the PPC advertising campaign, increase PPC sales and leads; and create a valuable asset to the client’s overall online and offline marketing portfolio.