Last Updated on
A recent study by Limelight Networks has confirmed that high performing websites are more important to consumers than fresh and updated content. Participants were asked to rank in order of importance what they expect from a website experience.
Here are the results, in order of importance:
- Performance (streaming with no buffering, pages loading quickly, etc.) – 50.2% said most important
- Fresh and updated content – 43.4% said most important
- Consistent experience on mobile and desktop – 23.5% said most important
- Personalized content – 14.6% said most important
Website performance and speed is so important, that 1 out of 3 respondents said they would leave the page and go buy the product somewhere else if they have to wait too long for the page to load while shopping.
Other conclusions made in the annual “State of the User Experience” study include:
- Consumers expect more from their online experiences.
- Experience matters, especially when it comes to purchasing a product.
- Online experiences, whether they happen on a small or large screen, must meet rising expectations.
How is your website speed? Not only do your visitors expect your website to be fast (and will leave if it is too slow) but the Search Engines favor faster websites as they provide better user experiences. Faster websites are also easier for the Search Engines to crawl and index, which leads to better visibility in the Search Results.
Is it time to take your site speed and performance more seriously?
Call our SEO experts at 1-888-262-6687 to get on the fast track to success.