Last Updated on
Never underestimate the power of local search.
The recent 2014 Local Search Study by Neustar Localeze and 15miles suggests that between 61 and 78% of local searches result in a purchase, depending on what type of device the person was searching from.
Between 65 and 73% of these purchases are “in store” meaning the person has selected your company from their search options and physically came to your location to do business with you.
Why you should care about these numbers …
People are searching for local businesses like yours.
These searching people are qualified and ready to make a purchase. In fact, nearly 4 in 5 people using their phone to find a local business end up making a purchase.
If you haven’t considered local search visibility and optimizing your website so you are at the top of search results you are missing out on extremely affordable advertising to qualified buyers!
Additional Local SEO Takeaways from the Study[checklist]
- If you are a local business (serving customers in a specific geographic region) local search visibility is crucial.
- If you are a local business your mobile search visibility is just as critical.
- The primary piece of information sought when searching on a mobile phone is the address or location. Your mobile site must make this extremely easy to find.
- People searching on tablets tend to be comparing prices and seeking information about your products and services. Your website must be engaging and easy to use on a tablet device where people use their fingers to navigate your pages on a smaller size screen.
- Only half of those searching on a mobile phone are satisfied with their experience – there is always room for improving your mobile website.
- Other important pieces of information local searchers seek to find are hours of operation, special offers and ratings and reviews.
Learn more about our Local SEO Services designed specifically for local businesses needing some extra visibility or gives us a call at 1-888-262-6687 to request your complimentary Local SEO Site Evaluation.