A recent study by Walker Sands (2014 Future of Retail) finds that 1 in 2 consumers say that YouTube videos have influenced a purchase decision. Are you creating YouTube videos for your business yet?
Not only do YouTube videos influence purchase decisions YouTube videos can also influence your SEO and improve your visibility.
- Snatch valuable search engine real estate – Google now shows rich snippets in its Search Results for videos which draws attention to your website and improves click-through-rates.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine. In August 2013 YouTube was named the second largest search engine! Having content here is one more opportunity for your business.
- Capitalize on an underutilized SEO opportunity – although many brands are using video in their marketing plans few SEOs incorporate video as an interactive way to distribute content that is highly searchable. By being the first amongst your competition can be quite profitable.
- Generate engaging multi-purpose content – using videos in SEO can have multiple purposes including increasing conversions, increasing high-quality traffic and attracting a lot of natural links. Plus videos are highly engaging for your visitors.
In the next year there are plenty of opportunities for making YouTube videos for your business and getting them to work for both SEO purposes and for getting more purchases. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel or hire a professional film crew to create a video. Spend a couple hours on YouTube seeing what types of videos work and try your hand at filming your own video on your iPhone.
Here are a number of quick ideas for creating YouTube videos for your business in 2014. Be sure to visit our popular Optimizing YouTube Videos for SEO post for 10 ways to SEO your YouTube videos!
- Tutorial or “How To” Videos
- Product Reviews
- Behind the Scenes Videos
- Product or Service Demonstration
- Customer Testimonials
- Feature an Employee of the Month
- Special Promotions
- Expert Interview
- Product Training
- Tips for Buying Your Products or Services
- Solutions to Common Problems
- Benefits and Features of a Product
- Recruiting Employees
- Case Studies
- Press Releases
- Community Relations
- Event Videos
Remember, in all the videos you create you should be establishing your expertise, showcasing your product and services, telling your story and helping people understand why they need you.
Not sure how to optimize YouTube videos? Talk with us about the best way to write your video transcripts, host your videos on your website and manage your SEO video strategy today! Email us at email@example.com or call us directly at 1-888-262-6687.