Last Updated on
Ad retargeting is a popular topic for 2015 and even if you aren’t running a retargeting campaign it’s important to understand how it works.
A basic ad retargeting definition is targeting your ads to consumers based on their previous Internet activity on your website where they activity didn’t lead to a sale or conversion. The basic ad retargeting cycle works like this:
- Visitor comes to your site.
- Visitor looks at your products, reads your pages and adds to their shopping cart.
- Visitor leaves without doing anything.
- Visitor later sees your retargeting ads on another website, such as Facebook, reminding them about you and inviting them back to your site.
AdRoll recently released a new study on Ad Retargeting which surveyed 11,000 US advertisers on how they currently use retargeting and if they plan to use it through 2015.
The key takeaways from their study show us that:
- Social media is the place to be in 2015 with retargeting.
- Instagram, Pinterest and Amazon are the three most popular social platforms for retargeting in 2015.
- Mobile and cross-device ad retargeting is becoming more important with over half of marketers retargeting on mobile devices.
- Search retargeting and Facebook retargeting isn’t just for driving sales! Retargeting is also being used for several purposes including brand awareness, social engagement and customer retention.
- More marketers are spending more of their online ad budget on retargeting. This year, over 70% are spending up to half of their budget on retargeting.
Are you wondering how you can apply these retargeting marketing trends to your business? Give us a call at 1-888-262-6687 to discuss your website and what retargeting strategies could work for you.