What digital marketing strategies do you use?
Also referred to as online marketing, digital marketing strategies involve the promotion and selling of a company’s products and/or services on the Internet. Digital marketers leverage different channels and marketing tactics via different search engines such as social media, email, SEO, and or mobile apps.
To simplify, digital marketing strategies are simply online marketing techniques to promote your business.
How does digital marketing work?
It’s true that digital marketing is in some ways similar to traditional marketing. Both use strategies to develop and nurture relationships that are mutually beneficial, whether they are looking for new leads, customers, or sales.
Where digital marketing strategies differ is that it has replaced most traditional marketing tactics going straight to the consumer. Being present online is crucial, regardless of what you are trying to sell. The main objective is to develop a strategy that gets you in-front of your target audience and connects with them on various levels.
What Types of Digital Marketing Strategies Are There?
Digital Marketing is a broad term that covers multiple strategies related to online marketing. Some strategies are more effective than others depending on the size and type of business you operate.
Digital marketing strategies that might work for large corporate B2B businesses might not work for smaller local B2C businesses and vice versa.
Here are some of the most well-known terminology for Digital Marketing Strategies:
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization
- Local SEO Marketing
- PPC – Pay-per-Click Advertising
- SMM – Social Media Marketing
- SEO Content Marketing
- SEM – Search Engine Marketing
- Website Marketing
Social Media Marketing Strategies
The channels you can use in social media marketing include:
You can also use email marketing and affiliate marketing to attract new customers.
Email Marketing — With email, businesses can send their message directly to the customer. The use of automated newsletters or press releases can also reach a wider audience. Most customers that come from email marketing are ones who have already purchased from you.
Affiliate Marketing — This is typically performance-based and allows for pay-per-sale (PPS) or or compensation through revenue sharing. This is done through having a brand ambassador or multiple who helps engage with potential customers by recommending your product or services.
As the list above indicates, there are numerous ways to execute digital marketing strategies. For most businesses, to be successful you need to use a handful of marketing tactics and methods in conjunction with each other.
What Are Some Benefits of Digital Marketing?
Here are just a few reasons why digital marketing strategies are essential to any business looking to increase leads and revenue.
- Cost effective. Digital marketing strategies help you save money and obtain more leads. They allow even the smallest companies to compete with larger companies using highly targeted strategies. Most of these strategies will not even cost anything at all to start with (such as in-house SEO, social media, and content marketing). Many digital marketing and advertising methods are also budget friendly. For example, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising allows you to choose your budget.
- Easy to Learn. While there are many aspects of digital marketing that need to be learnt, it is easy to get started. It is all a matter of finding the right strategy that works for your business.
- If your goals shift it can be a lot easier to adjust your online marketing tactics..
- Online marketing also improves recognition of what is and what isn’t working so you can determine what is actually driving your growth.
- Targets your ideal customer. With digital marketing, you reach people interested in your business. You can specifically target consumers with interest in your company, services, or products. With platforms like Facebook, you can get extremely specific with the audience you target. Narrowing your focus helps you reach people more interested in your business.
- Increased Engagement. Digital marketing is designed to be highly engaging by default. Users can share a blog, like a photo, save a video, or engage with your website via a paid ad click. The best part is that all these actions can be measured. This allows you to create even more engaging content to increase brand awareness or boost sales. The more you engage online, the more loyal customers you can get; it’s a win-win!
What does a digital marketer do?
A Digital Marketer uses both free and paid online channels to improve branding, attract customers, and promote the company’s products and/or services. Because of the unique combination of planning, creativity, and strategy their role requires, Digital Marketers wear many hats.
Depending on the company, industry, and seniority of a role, a day in the life would often include many different strategies. From managing social media campaigns to working on SEO or SEM efforts, overseeing email campaigns, and creating content for the company through various streams such as ads, blogs, etc.
Their main goal is to focus on different key performance indicators (KPI) for each channel.
Typically, Digital Marketers have some or all the following online marketing responsibilities:
- Social media marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Public relations
- PPC ads
- SEO and SEM
- Marketing analysis
What Is a Digital Marketing Agency?
Any company that specializes in marketing online can be considered a digital marketing agency.
They rarely leverage traditional advertising like radio, TV, or print ads. Instead, they implement digital marketing strategies for your business through the various channels like social media, the search engines like Google or Bing, and display advertising.
Now that you know a bit more about the importance of good digital marketing strategies, you can see why it is the foundation for building a sustainable business.
By understanding how you online marketing is driving your business, you can better leverage digital marketing and future-proof your business.
Need Help With Your Digital Marketing Strategy?
Still have questions about SEO, social media, or how to better leverage your digital marketing strategies? Our team of experts here at 1st on the List are happy to help!
You can also contact us online.