Top 8 Mobile Website Shopping Problems According to Consumers
A recent study done by Bizrate Insights uncovers the top problems consumers experience when mobile website shopping, ie; shopping online from their mobile device.
Almost all of these mobile website shopping problems relate to usability. Does your mobile website design have any of these issues?
Problem 8 – Data Security Concerns (11%).
Problem 7 – Not enough product information available (12%).
Problem 6 – Pictures are too small (17%).
Problem 5 – Entering information in checkout is frustrating (17%).
Problem 4 – Text is too small (17%).
Problem 3 – Having to use the “full site” version to access what I’m looking for (21%).
Problem 2 – Pages load slowly (25%).
Largest Problem Online Shoppers Have with Mobile Website Shopping – Having to enlarge first to ensure I touch/ click in the right place (33%).
Take a minute to try mobile website shopping on your own website, as if you were a customer.
- Is your navigation easy to click through and the links large enough for your fingers?
- Do your pages load in 2-3 seconds?
- Can you access all your products?
- Can you read the text?
- Can you proceed through the checkout with speed and ease?
- Are the pictures large enough to see the detail you need?
- Do you include all the information about the product that a customer needs to know before purchasing?
- Does your site have an SSL connection, or common Security features and badges to reassure your customers that their personal and financial information is safe?
For more information on mobile friendly website design or ecommerce website design, check out Google Developers’ Principles of Site Design.
Call 1-888-262-6687 or contact us online to speak with our SEO website designers about your mobile website shopping problems.