Last Updated on
A recent study done by Bizrate Insights uncovers the top problems consumers experience when shopping online from their mobile device. Almost all of these relate to usability. Does your mobile website design have any of these issues?
Problem 8 – Data Security Concerns (11%).
Problem 7 – Not enough product information available (12%).
Problem 6 – Pictures are too small (17%).
Problem 5 – Entering information in checkout is frustrating (17%).
Problem 4 – Text is too small (17%).
Problem 3 – Having to use the “full site” version to access what I’m looking for (21%).
Problem 2 – Pages load slowly (25%).
Largest Problem Online Mobile Shoppers Have – Having to enlarge first to ensure I touch/ click in the right place (33%).
Another recent study by Google and AnswerLab sought to answer the question “What makes a good mobile site?” Their key takeaway was:
“Mobile users are very goal-oriented. They expect to be able to get what they need, immediately, and on their own terms.”
Take a minute to try purchasing a product on your website as if you were a customer.
- Is your navigation easy to click through and the links large enough for your fingers?
- Do your pages load in 2-3 seconds?
- Can you access all your products?
- Can you read the text?
- Can you proceed through the checkout with speed and ease?
- Are the pictures large enough to see the detail you need?
- Do you include all the information about the product that a customer needs to know before purchasing?
- Does your site have an SSL connection, or common Security features and badges to reassure your customers that their personal and financial information is safe?