Last Updated on
A recent study done by Bizrate Insights uncovers the top problems consumers experience when mobile website shopping, ie; shopping online from their mobile device.
Almost all of these mobile website shopping problems relate to usability. Does your mobile website design have any of these issues?
Problem 8 – Data Security Concerns (11%).
Problem 7 – Not enough product information available (12%).
Problem 6 – Pictures are too small (17%).
Problem 5 – Entering information in checkout is frustrating (17%).
Problem 4 – Text is too small (17%).
Problem 3 – Having to use the “full site” version to access what I’m looking for (21%).
Problem 2 – Pages load slowly (25%).
Largest Problem Online Shoppers Have with Mobile Website Shopping – Having to enlarge first to ensure I touch/ click in the right place (33%).
Another recent study by Google and AnswerLab sought to answer the question “What makes a good mobile site?” Their key takeaway was:
“Mobile users are very goal-oriented. They expect to be able to get what they need, immediately, and on their own terms.”
Take a minute to try mobile website shopping on your own website, as if you were a customer.
- Is your navigation easy to click through and the links large enough for your fingers?
- Do your pages load in 2-3 seconds?
- Can you access all your products?
- Can you read the text?
- Can you proceed through the checkout with speed and ease?
- Are the pictures large enough to see the detail you need?
- Do you include all the information about the product that a customer needs to know before purchasing?
- Does your site have an SSL connection, or common Security features and badges to reassure your customers that their personal and financial information is safe?