The reasons to redesign a website are as varied as the website business owners.
Whether you want to update the look of your website, improve site navigation or employ Professional Search Engine Optimization Services to increase your current website listings and traffic, it is imperative that you follow SEO Best Practices.
The biggest difference with a website redesign is that you must also protect your accumulated history with the Search Engines and any rankings you have earned. You will also want to maintain your current stream of traffic to the website.
Our web designers know the extra steps required to make sure you launch a newly designed website that not only looks and functions better, but also maintains your traffic levels and rankings.
Reasons for a Website Redesign
Improving the look of your website is often the most pressing reason for change but there are several other equally important reasons for a website redesign that may be less obvious:
- Your current CMS system lacks basic SEO functionality.
- Your current website is missing a Mobile Friendly website design.
- Your existing web pages take too long to load.
- Your server has a history of going down too often.
- Your website pages can only be edited by a web developer who doesn’t give you access.
- Your website platform is too expensive or inferior to other newer platforms.
- Your website’s current functionality is limited.
- Your current website pages are not being crawled and indexed by Search Engines.
The ultimate goal of a website redesign is to not only have a website that looks superior but also has superior functionality and performance.
A Winning Website Redesign Strategy
“How can I do a website redesign without losing my website traffic or rankings?”
As stated, chances are if your website has any kind of history then your existing web pages will already have traffic and some level of credit and reputation with the search engines. Don’t let your new web redesign cause you to lose any of your page credit or the traffic you have worked so hard to attain.
Planning a website redesign will address how to:
- Retain and improve on your existing listings
- Retain and increase your website traffic
- Increase leads, conversions and sales
- Protect whatever search engine credit your current web pages may enjoy
Our SEO Website Redesign Services Include …
Our website redesign services include what is offered in our Website Design Packages plus the additional steps that may be involved to properly track your history and credibility with the Search Engines. The key areas we consider during the SEO friendly website redesign of your website may include:
- Changing your domain name
- Consulting on the best platform to choose
- Changing your URLs and URL structure
- Creating SEO friendly redirect URLs (301 redirects)
- Changing your host server setup
- Adding SEO friendly content to your site
- Improving your Website Architecture & Navigation
- Updating to an SEO friendly CMS System (if applicable)
- Monitoring the crawling and indexing of new website pages
- Plus much more!
When to Implement SEO with Web Redesign
At 1st on the List we help our clients recognize the great opportunity to implement search engine optimization services during the website redesign process, particularly if your old web pages were never optimized for the search engines. It is a lot easier and a lot less expensive to include SEO services during a website redesign, especially if you are adding new elements to your website like an SEO friendly CMS system, an eCommerce system, mobile SEO, video or social media.
Get a Website Redesign Quote Today
Let us help you with your website redesign. Our SEO friendly website redesign services ensure that all necessary changes are executed properly and set up according to proper search engine guidelines.