Last Updated on
Not all Web Design companies or SEO companies offer the same quality of work.
There are many business owners who have hired a Web Design firm or a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Company and simply did not get the results they were expecting.
Instead of seeing an increase in online traffic or sales they experienced little to no activity and no payback of the original Internet Marketing investment. This can be very frustrating for a business owner.
There can be several reasons why such online marketing campaigns might fall short of the goal, including:
- Hiring the wrong company to do the web design or SEO work
- Trying to do either as cheap as possible
- Having an incompatible product that simply does not sell
- Or having a poor website design that does not entice customers to buy
Just like any other business venture, just because you go through all the motions of launching an SEO Campaign or a new website design does not mean that it will be successful. In order to be successful, these programs need to be executed properly.
A good analogy is how restaurants come and go. There are many restaurants that open up for business yet soon close because they do not have the complete package.
The complete package that leads to a successful restaurant includes a good location, delicious food, inviting atmosphere and friendly staff. This combination leads to building a good reputation and earning repeat business.
If you take away even one of these factors the chances of being or remaining successful can be very slim.
Get the Complete SEO Website Design Package
A company’s website is much like a restaurant. In light of a few SEO clients’ websites we have recently worked on I would like to provide a few key factors that are often forgotten when trying to make the ‘complete package’.
1. SEO Web Design and Layout
People often confuse good looking websites with being “good web design”; not necessarily so. In addition to being visually pleasing your website design and layout needs to function well so that it is really easy and quick for visitors to find whatever they are looking for. Your website design needs to include:
- Simple, Clean Layout & Design – These tend to outperform glitzy hard to navigate sites every time.
- Intuitive Navigation – Content needs to be laid out so people can find what they are looking for within just a couple clicks; it must be very easy to browse various pages.
- Professional Appearance – To a first time visitor your website represents your company. In a matter of seconds the visitor makes a decision about your business and whether they want to engage with your brand. A professional design needs to clearly convey your brand and image and invite the customer to do business with you.
- Good Functionality – All of the web pages must function properly and load at a reasonable speed.
2. SEO Website Content
Most of the time, the content is why a searcher comes to your site. They are seeking to find a product, answer a question or get a solution. When writing your website content, be sure to keep these factors in mind:
- Engaging content – A website requires good relevant and engaging content that clearly explains the product and conveys the value and benefits to the visitor. In essence, a website needs to convey to the visitor why they should pay the price being asked.
- Complete Content – The content on your site needs to be complete enough so that a visitor can make an informed decision to engage with your company based purely on what they see on your website.
- Textual Content (More than Just Pictures!) – You will often find websites that use pictures to tell the whole story about a product. But remember that pictures don’t tell you how big it is or how it works, what it does or what it is made of. People rarely buy from pictures alone since it does not provide enough information (especially for larger ticket items); but most importantly, the search engines don’t read images, they need text to decipher what your web pages are about.
Make Sure Your Website is Destined for Success
Whether building an information site or an e-commerce website, building your website based on these principles and using good sales best practices will make it much easier for your potential customers to find and navigate your website so that they can do business with you.
For more information on Search Engine Friendly Web Design or website re-design services, or on search engine optimization services, please contact 1st on the List Promotion toll-free at 1-888-262-6687 or Contact our Web Design Team.