Google Webmaster Tools Now Called Google Search Console
Google is making some big changes lately including rebranding Google Webmaster Tools to Google Search Console this morning.
For the last ten years Webmasters, website owners, SEOs, programmers, designers and others have been using this system to help troubleshoot their website. Google says that the new name better reflects everyone who uses the tool and cares about Search.
Do you care about Search?
Do you have Google Search Console set up for your website?
Do you use Google Search Console to diagnose and improve visibility of your website in search?
Do you know how to use all the data it provides to your maximum benefit?
Here are some of our favorite ways to use Google Webmasters Tools and Google Search Console:
- What websites are linking to your website?
- How does your average mobile rank compare to average desktop rank for specific keyword phrases?
- What pages are generating the most impressions and clicks in Search Results?
- Is a website being found a broader range of search phrases over time?
- Is Google finding and indexing all the pages on your website?
- Are there any security issues on the site?
- Are there mobile usability issues?
- Are there any manual webspam actions found for your website?
- How many pages is Google crawling each day?
- How much time is spent downloading a page of your website?
We can probably expect even more tools to be added to Search Console over the several months. Just a couple weeks ago they changed the “Search Queries” report to “Search Analytics” which gives much more robust filtering and comparison options when it comes to analyzing user’s search patterns.
Wondering how to set up Google Search Console? Let our experts do it for you and start analyzing all the information available for your website’s Search visibility!
Call us at 1-888-262-6687 ext 705 to get a quote today.