Last Updated on
An interesting set of new statistics came across my desk that confirms you absolutely must have a very user friendly mobile version of your website.
Mobile nears two-thirds of time spent online by 18-24 year olds (source).
As the up and coming generation is favoring their smart phones and tablets over their computer, here are our top 6 reasons you can’t survive without a mobile version of your website.
- Your non-mobile site could be costing your mobile visitors money with their data plan that charges cents-per-kilobyte download.
- A slow website can kill you! Your site needs to adapt to the slower speed of a mobile device given bandwidth and Internet considerations.
- Visitors access your website via their phone for a specific purpose – usually to find a quick phone number, hours or locations. They usually want to find their answer quickly and move on.
- Visitors get annoyed and usually leave websites that don’t fit on their small screen size.
- Visitors will have trouble using a complicated or small navigation.
- Mobile friendly sites rank higher for people searching from their mobile device
A complete mobile SEO strategy will require a mobile-friendly website. Overall, mobile visitors make you money! 1 in 5 visits to a mobile website results in a call to the business; 1 in 7 visits results in visit to the location (source).
For more information, call our SEO experts toll free at 1-888-262-6687.